Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Milligauss Meter and EMF Readings at Home


Remember when your Mom would yell at you for sitting too close to the TV set? Our old-style picture tube turned out to be the greatest source of EMF (electromagnetic frequencies) in our home. Sources of EMF and ELF (extremely low frequency) radiation are primarily the product of our technology: alternating current, wiring, electric lights, transformers and motors. There is a lot of controversy over just how much exposure can be detrimental to your health. High levels can cause nervousness and paranoia. Many paranormal researchers believe that high EMF can fuel activity and help spirits to manifest. The difference between this and my static-field detector is the difference between DC (direct current) and AC (alternating current); static fields are mono-poleular (positive or negative) and EMF fields are alternating; with the predominant element being at 60Hz. For my personal investigation, I wanted to measure the EMF fields in my home; (and build my own equipment); so after some research I came across a simple circuit by a Reverend Scarborough. If you have a good-quality DVM (digital volt meter), you can made this for a dollar's worth of components. The DCM must be high-impedance (I tried a cheap Harbor Freight $4.99 meter, which failed miserably!)

Scarborough's design [Link]

My EMF Readings [Link]

My other interests [Link]

No comments:

Post a Comment