Sunday, February 5, 2012

IR RADAR Gun


I had been intrigued with an IR analog distance sensor I saw in the Pololu catalog, so I thought I'd try it out as sort of an IR RADAR gun to permit me to walk around in the dark without running into things. It could also allow me to sit stationary and detect anything approaching my position. The PICAXE BASIC code simply produces a tone of increasing frequency as an object approaches. It works best if pointed slightly downward to an imaginary spot about 7 feet in front of you on the floor (the detection range is 5 feet). I can walk down a dark hallway swinging it from left to right and avoid the walls. This same sensor would work well as a stationary motion detector, like a pyro sensor.

Parts list [Link]

BASIC Code [Link]

Assembly Notes [Link]

My other interests [Link]

No comments:

Post a Comment